West Ham United: Journalist reveals verdict on move for forward Terem Moffi
Daily Express journalist Ryan Taylor has revealed that he’s been categorically told that West Ham United will still make a move for Lorient forward Terem Moffi this month.
TalkSPORT reported on 16 January that West Ham United had made a £20million offer for Moffi, one which was rejected by the Ligue 1 club.
Now, Taylor is reporting that he’s been told that despite the club signing Danny Ings from Aston Villa, they will still be going after Moffi.
“I’ve been told categorically that West Ham are still going for Moffi even after signing Ings,” as quoted by GIVEMESPORT (23 January)
“Which is interesting given they have Antonio and Scamacca, although Scamacca is out injured at the moment.”
A move for Moffi looks even more likely now forward Ings has been ruled out for several weeks due to a knee injury sustained against Everton.
It is the same knee that required surgery, however, the club believe that Ings’ spell on the sidelines shouldn’t be too long.
There is hope he will be fit to face Tottenham away on February 19 but with Premier League safety far from secured the Hammers need some answers in the meantime.
With Gianluca Scamacca also out injured and Michail Antonio, not in the brightest of form, this leaves the door open for a potential Moffi transfer before the window shuts tight.
Nevertheless, after a much-improved outing against Everton, things are looking slightly brighter at the London Stadium than they did this time last week.
With luck, a transfer for Moffi will be secured before the January transfer window shuts, he’s a quality young talent and would add some much-needed firepower to David Moyes’ ranks.