By Daniel Feliciano

13th Nov, 2022 | 10:40am

ExWHUemployee shares latest on David Moyes future at West Ham United as sack rumours emerge

ExWHUemployee has shared that rumours of an emergency board meeting at West Ham on Saturday night (12 November) were false as pressure grows on David Moyes.

The Hammers were comfortably beaten 2-0 by Leicester at the London Stadium in the Premier League, leaving them just one point above the relegation zone heading into the World Cup break.

But with fans furious at recent performances, Ex moved quickly to share the latest on the manager’s future via his Patreon account (12 November) and says that Moyes will be given time to turn it around after the World Cup, with no immediate plans to sack him.

“Despite rumours of an emergency board meeting tonight (12 November), we can confirm that this is not true,” he said. “We are under the impression that the board intend to back Moyes for the foreseeable future.

“Of course if results continue as they are, then action will inevitably have to be taken but it appears that he will be given until after the World Cup to try and turn this around.

“Whilst it is possible with these things the board could say one thing publicly and do another thing behind closed doors, we have no reason to suspect this. 

“The board have backed David Moyes and Rob Newmans recruitment with some serious investment this summer and they would prefer to give them longer to try and get the best out of them. Although it could be argued that Paqueta and Scamacca have really struggled in recent weeks.

“We will send some emails out this week before the podcast to get further clarity on his future but until then it is best to ignore speculation.”

Time to go?

It’s a difficult situation to be in if you’re West Ham, because Moyes has arguably earned the right to be given time to turn it around considering how well he’s done since taking over.

But the form, especially in the Premier League, over the calendar year of 2022 has been horrendous and the team is currently going backwards despite spending the best part of £170m in the summer.

The new signings are all so far struggling to make an impact despite the big money spent, and you could argue that Moyes’ tactics and style are doing anything but helping.

With a month-long break there could potentially be a chance to bring in someone with fresh ideas and to give them time with the squad to get them up to speed and get us out of the trouble that we’re currently in.

Leaving it as it is and seeing no change in 2023 could see us struggle to get out of the mess when there is less time to work with the players and less time to save the team. It’s a huge decision, and one the board must get right.